
A sad day for all....no more Pontiac. I remember going through the plant once with Grandpa Hartmann. Mostly what I remember is it was dirty an very loud!!! Todays plants ar
e a lot cleaner. I also remember when Grandpa retired from Pontiac that they gave him metal pieces that they made at his plant with money in each one. He was also very proud of the guns he made during the war. Pontaic saved our family from the depression.
e a lot cleaner. I also remember when Grandpa retired from Pontiac that they gave him metal pieces that they made at his plant with money in each one. He was also very proud of the guns he made during the war. Pontaic saved our family from the depression. The following is an email from my dad:
Just a bit of historical (family sized) note worth noting. It is true that things are continually changing and admittedly we are at an age where we can list more changes than we care to, but the passing of Pontiac does have more significance than most. Your mom and dad are children of Pontiac. With the exception of the war years when both Grandpa Yager and Hartmann worked in manufacturing plants building weaponry, they both worked their entire career for Pontiac. Perhaps the Pontiac tokens we have collected over the years will be worth a bit more in the future. Thought you would be interested.
For the true story click here:
No comments:
Post a Comment