Sunday, April 12, 2009




Easter Sunday


Because of the Savior’s
resurrection
we will overcome death and become the beneficiaries of His mercy and grace. In a world of trouble and uncertainty, His peace fills our hearts and eases our minds. Jesus is in very deed “the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6).


Today was Easter Sunday. The day started out with the Easter Story at the breakfast table over Waffles. We then got dressed for Stake Conference. We were blessed to be able to listen to the prophet talk on this very special day. When we arrived home I played cranky and tired and sent the kids off to take pictures at the park with dad while I rested. It was amazing that while they were gone the Easter bunny showed up and hid the eggs and basket. Yes, I said basket. I could not find the Easter baskets this morning so the kids were all treated to one big laundry basket and brown bags of candy. We then ate eggs for lunch. For dinner we had the traditional ham with Grandma Judy's scalloped potatoes. One of Eddie's favorites. We ate more today than we have in a long time!!! The candy was yummy and of course I bought too much. It was a great day with the family.

I am thankful for my Savior on this wonderful Easter Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment