Friday, April 10, 2009




Easter of long ago...
These are pictures from the first Easter I remember after being married. I know we celebrated Easter before this point but this is the first one I really remember. Probably because we were excited because it was the first one Nichelle would have been able to enjoy. We thought she was the cutest girl in the world in that dress. I still look back at these pictures and think the same thing. We found this dress at a specialty shop in Salt Lake. We went shopping with my Mom and some of my sisters. We all fell in love with the dress!!! It was very expensive. We were a poor married couple just starting out. It was more than my Mom wanted to spend. We debated and debated about what to do because we all wanted it sooo bad. We finally decided to pool our money together and buy it. She looked just as cute in it as we thought she would. I still have the dress in my closet because I still love it and remember the sacrifice we went through to buy it. (I wish I could remember what we paid for it because I am sure we would laugh today!!) We were living in a duplex in Millcreek when we took this picture. The weather was beautiful so we hid the eggs on the grass for Nichelle to find. She got this trike as a Easter present. I wish I could remember how we had the money to buy something so nice. I guess she was spoiled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment