We have had a lot of rain lately. They say it is the wettest summer ever so far by far. Last night on our way home a big storm came in. Shaylin does not like storms and Eddie likes to tease her about it. So when the storm started getting worse she went into complete panic mode. We drove down Book rd and had to go around a big tree that was laying across the whole road. We went a few more feet and and saw a tree laying on a power line and the line was sparking. A few feet farther and we had to dodge another tree laying in the road. I was on the phone reporting all of this to 911 and of course the panic kept escalating. When we got home we could not find Shaylin. we finally found her hiding in the basement.
Today I had to mow the grass that has been growing like crazy in all of the rain. I am just wondering why it seems to be cool all summer except for the days I need to mow. It is only in the 80s but the humidity is high. I also wonder why the yard seems to grow when it is hot. So by time I was done I was covered in sweat. When I was wedding the garden I felt like I was working in the rice patties it was soo wet. Hopefully summer will return to normal soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment