Tuesday, June 16, 2009

2 Nephi

I finished reading 2 Nephi today and here are some thoughts I had while reading it. The first one is that the Isaiah chapters really contain everything that Nephi tells us. It is the 2 witness rule. (2 Nephi 11:3) He did not just stick Isaiah in there because he had nothing else to do. His souls delighted in them because they were his exact same feelings. I am sure he probably felt that Isaiah could say it better than he could, since he keeps saying he is not good in words. I guess that is why I too will put some of the thoughts I had straight out of the scriptures. Here are some of my favorite thoughts:

2 Nephi 2:2 .....He shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain.....
2 Nephi 2:11,16..... it must needs be there is an opposition in all things.....Th Lord God gave unto man that he should act for himself. Wherefore, man could not act for himself save it should be that he was enticed by the one or the other.
2 Nephi 3:13... out of weakness he shall be made strong....

So from these we learn that without a struggle there is no strength. Opposition can help us build on that strength. The Lord has given us all of our experiences to build us to be stronger.

2 Nephi 4:15 For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them...
2 Nephi 32:3-4...feast upon the words of Christ; for behold the words of Christ will tell you all things what we should do......if ye can not understand them it is because ye ask not...

I find the more I read my scriptures daily the more this is true.

2 Nephi 5:10... we did observe to keep the judgements, and the statues, and the commandments of the Lord...
2 Nephi 30:1 ...except ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall likewise perish...
What a good goal to have.

2 Nephi 6:11... because of the prayers of the faithful..the Lord will be merciful unto them

Our prayers really do matter.

2 Nephi 12:3 Come ye and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord...he will teach us of his ways
2 Nephi 14:6...for a place of refuge, a covert from storm and from rain.

What a wonderful blessing the Temple is in our lives!!!

2 Nephi 19:12... his hand is outstretched still....

In spite of all we do, the Lord is always available if we will turn to him.

2 Nephi 31:16...unless a man endure to the end in following the example of the Son of the living God, he cannot be saved.

Remember to endure to the end!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment