Friday, May 22, 2009


I have to start by saying one of my favorite places to be to get away as a child was the roof. But with that said I will start with our other summer hang out. We had a shed type thing behind our garage. I really don't know what it was for. It had a level on the ground and than a level about 3 feet up. Jon and I decided one year to make this our club house. We cleaned out the spider webs and got to work. We painted it all white I believe. We than decided that we needed better decorations. So we started illustrating the walls. It was the year of Speed Racer, so we had speed racer pictures all over the wall. I don't think we ever really got our club started for long because we spent tooo much time painting. I remember the Speed racer pictures being really good. I wish we could find some pictures of the club house because I am sure we would laugh at the art work!
My favorite place was the roof. We would go out my parents bedroom window onto the roof over the shed attached to our garage. My favorite thing to do up there was to read Nancy Drew books. Sometimes Jon and I went up there and sat and talked. I can't imagine sitting and talking to my little brother but we did. I think a lot of the time was spent talking about how we were not supposed to touch the wire that went across the roof and connected to our house. We knew we should not touch it and never tried but we did imagine what would happen a lot. We thought it was electrical but it was probably just the telephone wire our parents told us was electrical so we would not touch it.
I also vaguely remember a closet when I was younger that had some type of slope in it that we would go into. I do know the scariest place to put things growing up was the attic connected to the bedroom. I was always afraid to go in there, I thought the animals and bats would get me. I did not like when we started keeping our Barbie stuff in there, it was tooo scary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment