Monday, March 23, 2009

Well, I have no picture to share today because I have just spent the last hour trying to get them loaded and they won't work. Technology is great except when it doesn't work the way you want it to. We returned safely from our trip to Isla Navidad, Mexico. We only had $300 stolen so I guess we should count ourselves lucky. (There is a lot of violence and kidnappings and crazy things going on in Mexico right now because of the drug cartel.) I have spent the day trying to get back in the groove of life. I went to sign language this morning. It was really good today because we got sidetracked and just did a lot of talking (Signing really) It is good to do that because you really figure out quickly which words you need to review. Other than that I have been washing clothes all day.
We had a great time in Mexico. The weather was perfect..87 degrees and sunny every day. I will give a lot more details once I get my pictures on the computer so the stories have more meaning.
We did have to go through Mexico City on the way home. It is a HUGE city. It just goes on and on and the population density is higher than here in the United States. We learned that when you are flying to a new place you should learn about the airport before you go. We got off the plane and followed the signs to baggage claim only to find it was really immigration and there were no bags there. We than retraced our footsteps all the way back to our gate where we found a hidden luggage claim area. (This was about a 10 minute walk each way.) We then had to try and find our connecting flight to get rechecked in. It was a good thing there were 30 of us all lost together. Unfortunately none of us spoke Spanish. We walked and walked down a VERY LONG terminal. Luckily we came across an information booth and asked how to get to our check in. We did not understand the directions really good. We back tracked up some stairs to a tram to go to terminal 2. They would not let us on because we had our luggage. They told us to go downstairs and get on the bus. We had now been lost for about 1/2 hour and our plane was leaving soon. We finally got the bus answer from about 5 people in our broken English/Spanish dialogues. So we got on the bus...we had to be trusting. We took about a 10 minutes bus ride. At this point we were glad we did not try to walk to the terminal like you can in most American airports. This one was miles away. We finally made it to check in and walked straight onto the plane. We barely made it!!! It sure was good to be back in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment