
Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more. David Steindl-Rast
When we were in Mexico we went by a coconut plantation. This lady takes the meat out of the coconuts. She makes $12 for 1,000 coconuts. That takes about 4 hours for here to do. She lives in a shack with her husband and young son. Her older son has to live with Grandma in another town so that he can go to school. It was a very interesting experience to see all of the poverty. We are so blessed in this country. It helped me to understand why so many people try to sneak into the United States to help their families.
I am grateful for all of the blessings I have in my life!!!! I have a wonderful house to live in and a husband who has a wonderful job. I need to remember more often just how many unseen blessings I am granted everyday. The things we take for granted are truly blessings to be thankful for...toilets, ovens, refrigerators, clean drinking water, washers and dryers, beds these are all things we take for granted. I am truly blessed.
I am grateful for all of the blessings I have in my life!!!! I have a wonderful house to live in and a husband who has a wonderful job. I need to remember more often just how many unseen blessings I am granted everyday. The things we take for granted are truly blessings to be thankful for...toilets, ovens, refrigerators, clean drinking water, washers and dryers, beds these are all things we take for granted. I am truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment