Sunday, October 4, 2009

My favorite National Parks

Death Valley has to be my all time favorite...not!!!! My favorite is Yellowstone. We always have good luck there and see a lot of animals. One time when we went we went down a back rode and watched two bear cubs (maybe 2 years old) play for a long time. We were the only ones there. We kept looking around for momma bear to attack us. That was our best animal adventure.
We have spent many great weekends in Dinosaurland. Once when the kids were really little Julie and I took the kids for part of her homeschooling. I took Nichelle and Shaylin to the Evergaldes where they got to put a baby alligator on their head. Gettysburg was fun to drive around. We bought the tape to listen to as you drive around. It was nice to hear about all of the battles. eddie and I rode bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge. Next summer we are going through Mammoth caves. I remember going there as a little kid. I even remember my souvenir it was a wooden box with a diary in it and a key. Niagra falls is beautiful. Our favorite restuarant is on the Canadian side overlooking the horseshoe falls. It is all glass and has a great view. You really need to look for it though because it is upstairs and not well advertised. Olympic Park was cool because it had the mountains, the beach and the rainforest. Some day I will have to go back to Petrified Forest. I remember driving through it and thinking it was cool but I really do not remember why so I'll have to go back and rediscover it. Sleeping Bear sand dunes is awsome. If you camp there bring a tent and do the walk in sites. They are pretty isolated and only a short walk to your car and bathrooms. You can then take the trail from there that leads to Lake Michigan and have your own private beach. My kids will never forget the Star Spangled Banner Museum. They got to change the flag there thanks to Jim. They change it every hour and you can ask to take part in the ceremony. Timponogas Cave is a hike. I remember going up it as a kid when one of the little kids had on non walking type sandles. Ouch!!! Of course all the southern Utah parks are great too. I guess I also need to count almost the whole city of DC since all the monuments are National Parks. So many to see and such little time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment