#52weeks
The only thing I can think of that I taught myself to do was to change the front light bulb in my car. It was out and i was very proud of myself for buying the bulb and changing it as it was so much cheaper that way.
I did try to learn a few things on my own that just never happened. For instance, I tried to learn to ride a unicycle when I was young. I spent hours in Pleasant Ridge holding on the the window ledges trying to go back and forth. After many months I think I may have gone one pedal rotation before going down...and I am sure I was on the way down from the start of that rotation. I also tried to learn how to do a no handed cartwheel when I was a senior in high school during PE time...that one I came close to. Also, the band was so small at Park City High we decided we were going to make a little jazz band. I took home the bass saxophone to learn. It was so big it was a pain getting it on the bus and it hurt to try to blow in a reed....so I decided to stick with the Flute.
Other than that I think I have learned everything else by watching people. I am a show me once, let me do it and I've got it person...reading directions is not the best way for me to learn something.
Learning to love learning is central to the gospel of Jesus Christ, is vital to ourongoing spiritual and personal development, and is an absolute necessity in the world in which we do now and will yet live, serve, and work. Elder Bednar
No comments:
Post a Comment