Sunday, January 8, 2017

What goals do you hope to achieve this year?



#52 Stories

We are each, right now, standing somewhere in the middle of our own individual dashes. As Dieter F. Uchtdorf has said, “We may feel we are at the beginning or end of our lives, but when we look at where we are against the backdrop of eternity . . . we can recognize that we are truly in the middle” (“Always in the Middle,” Ensign, July 2012, 4).


So this year I am supposed to start defining my dash..so here it goes..week 1.


What goals do I hope to achieve this year?


1. Do 12 Temple sessions in 12 different Temples.


2. Lose weight.....isn't this always the goal.

I am a comfort eater. When I am bored or stressed I love to eat. It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. Well, obviously the only thing I accomplish is becoming unhealthy. Eddie and I have talked lately about how our whole life circles around food. Get together with family...eat, get out of the house...eat, go to a movie...eat, quiet night at home...eat. I spent last summer on a special diet called Take Shape for Life. I lost over 30 pounds. I felt good. I decided tho take a break over the holidays...Halloween to New Year's. Now my goal is to do it again. I am now on day 4 and going crazy. I can truly say I am addicted to sugar. It is hard, I am grumpy, I don't want to do anything. I am kicking myself for having to start over again. Learning to control the body is hard.
Mosiah 3:19     For the anatural bman is an cenemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he eyields to the enticings of the fHoly Spirit, and gputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaintthrough the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a jchildksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

So here is to starting over!!!

3.  Relearn my stain glass skills.  If you don't use a talent you lose it.  Sounds like another starting over story. 

There are probably many other things I would like to accomplish, but I should keep it realistic.  There is always so many things to do in this life...I just wish I still had the energy of a kid!

3 comments:

  1. Love it, have an amazing 2017! I see China in our future...hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You can do anything you put your mind to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You can do anything you put your mind to.

    ReplyDelete