Nichelle, Mike and Tennyson came to visit us for the long weekend. On Friday night we had a wonderful roast dinner. It was Shaylin’s last night before returning to BYU I so she picked out her last meal. We played her favorite family game, Killer Bunnies. She left for the airport early on Saturday morning. I took Nichelle and Mike to our favorite small town restaurant, Egg Harbor Cafe.It is one of our favorites for special occasions like having visitors in town. They have all kinds of special breakfast and lunch items that you will not find anywhere else.
That afternoon we went to Naperville’s Last Fling. We walked around some stupid little booths, ate some junky food (Yum) and walked around the Naperville Settlement.
The kids got to paint on a car. They thought that was pretty cool.
At the petting zoo this hen decided she liked me. Every time I moved she would find my foot and curl up by it. I think the animals were coming to me for protection from all the little fingers poking them.
We had fun walking in the pioneer type houses.
Mike went crazy with his camera and took over 200 pictures that morning!!!
He was very artistic!!!
That night we ate Chicago style Pizza. Our stomach’s were very full after all of the days activities. On Sunday we went to church. I got to show off Tennyson. We had a steak dinner and Hot Fudge Brownie Sundaes with the Saunders Hot Fudge that they bought me for my birthday. We spent a lot of hours over the weekend playing with Tennyson and trying to make him laugh.
It was a great weekend and we were sad to see it end. Here are some family shots from Mike’s camera frenzy.
He did a great job!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment