On Memorial Day we trekked to downtown Naperville to watch the annual parade. It started out great. We stood for the flag and clapped for the Veterans. When all of a sudden the rain came in. Not just a little a downpour!! Not only that but lots of thunder and lightening. Shaylin is very afraid of lightening so she had a little panic attack. We finally were able to run for cover under the bridge on the Riverwalk. As we stood there with the other people trying to stay dry the old man next to me started to collapse. I yelled for Eddie to come grab him. They got him to the ground gently and we called 911. Eddie held his head until help arrived. It turned out he had a mini stroke.
I have been trying to get out riding bikes with Shaylin. The other night Eddie, Shaylin and I went for a ride. As we passed a couple I went off the grass a little. When I tried to get back on the sidewalk I was thrown to the ground by a lip between the grass and sidewalk. I went down hard. It was embarrassing so I got up quickly and continued riding without even looking at my knee. It was a little bruised up.
I also took the kids to a SciTech Museum. They had a few cool things there. I am glad the kids seemed to really enjoy it because I would only give it a C. Some of their favorite things were shooting a rocket in the air, having their shadows freeze on the wall and blowing really big bubbles while standing in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment