This is the view of the Indy Mini Marathon starting point before I knew what was coming my way. I averaged just over 13 minute miles for the first 9 miles and then slowed way down to end to just over 15. I finished the half marathon in 3 hours and 25 minutes. Not bad for a first try. The hardest part was the 10 mile mark. It was hard being by myself. I called Eddie for some reassurance at that point. The last mile was also hard but Eddie kept sending me funny family pictures on my cell phone to keep me going. I still can not figure out why I walked the whole race leaning to the right. I looked pretty funny almost falling over to the right at the finish line.
here we are in our coral waiting for the race to begin.
I was SOOOO sore but it sure felt good to be done.
Here we are relaxing at the hotel after the race.
Here are a few pictures taken during the race.
The starting line.
See how am leaning to the right and almost falling over at the finish line.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment