On Friday Grandma Stringham went home.
Old woman, hospital bed
The room is filled with people she loves
And she whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
She looks up and says "I can see God's face."
"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home."
This is our temporary home
What a wonderful women. She lived with love for her family. I would have a hard time living for a few days without Eddie, yet she showed us how to live without her eternal companion for years. I really admire her for the way she went on with her life full of love and support for her family.
I will always have memories of visiting with her on her couch. The last time we visited with grandma was at Thanksgiving. I remember ring the door bell and being greeted by Grandma. Even though she had a hard time walking and communicating she knew we were coming and that we were a couple of minutes late.
She was always so proud of her grandkids. Every Christmas Eve we would do a talent show at her house.
You could tell by the smile on her face how proud she was of all of her grandkids. It was a highlight of her life.
Sitting on her back patio with her will always be a highlight in my life. She was so proud of her yard as she should have been. It was always perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment