Last weekend I went to California for Kiel and Emily’s wedding. It was a perfect weekend. The first night I got there we went to Mimi’s for dinner. It was good to see the family again and to finally meet Emily. She gets my approval.
The next morning we went through the LA Temple for Emily’s endowments. It was a wonderful day being with family. Carol and I got there a little early so we were able to do some initiatory for some family names. We were then able to take a couple of those family names through the session. They move rooms during the endowment sessions and the rooms were huge! It is a very pretty temple. It is cool how the city of LA just comes right up to the fence of the Temple grounds. It reminded me of our lives..being in the world but not of the world. We can not let the craziness and evils of the world cross over into our lives or fences.
That afternoon Mike and Nichelle arrived in town. There was a wedding dinner that night at a BBQ place. It was very yummy!! I sat by the Page’s and can not believe how grown up the girls are getting.
The next morning was the wedding. Everything went perfect. It was sooo nice being in the sealing room with them and the family. The blessing of being sealed together as a family for eternity is the one of the greatest gifts.
Afterwards we took pictures and ate Tito’s Taco’s. Way yummy is all I can say!!!!
I then took Nichelle and Mike to the beach. The surf was HUGE. They only have waves that big about once every 5 years. It was hard to capture in pictures the size of the waves. The noise they made was amazing. I wish I could put into words the shear beauty.
We attended the reception that night. It was in a great backyard and once again had very yummy food!!
On Sunday I went to watch Kiel and Emily open their gifts and to see Jon and Jamie’s house. It was good to be in their home. I ended up driving Kiel and Emily to the airport which was a great treat. I got to know Emily better. They are a very cute couple. I’m glad they are part of my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment